Through the Eyes of a Rapist: Life-Saving Information
This is great information one of my supporters shared with me, that I thought was very worthy of sharing. Recently, rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim. This article includes insider information that may save you or your loved ones from brutal violence. Please share this information with all the women (daughters, mothers, sisters etc. ) in your lives.
This article and information is courtesy of Richard Lee Orey.
Some of the tips that stood out to me were:
1. If someone grabs you, you can't beat them with strength but you can outsmart them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm (between the elbow and armpit) OR in the upper inner thigh VERY, VERY HARD. (One woman in a self-defense class said she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands. The guy needed stitches.) Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it. It hurts!
2. Several defense mechanisms mentioned are these:
If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question or make small talk. “What time is it?” or “I can’t believe it’s so cold” or “Think we’re in for a bad winter?” Now, that you’ve seen their face and heard their voice and are more likely able to identify them in a line-up and could more certainly identify them, you lose your appeal as a target.
3. The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough, use it!
4. Men are most likely to attack and rape in the early morning between 5:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
5. The #1 place women are abducted from or attacked is grocery store parking lots. #2: office parking lots/garages #3: public restrooms.
Click here to the read the full article and other life saving tips